The official launch of her project titled “Making Violence Against Women and Girls history in the South West and North West regions of Cameroon” successfully took place at the Holiday Inn Resort Hotel, Limbe on the 30th of September 2020. The project is implemented with the technical and financial support of the UNTF and shall be running for three years. with the overall aim to fight against GBV in the English speaking regions of Cameroon.
After presenting the situation of violence against women and girls in Cameroon, the National President of FIDA Cameroon outlined some of the factors contributing to the perpetration of these acts of violence:
- Lack of legal reform,
- Gaps in existing laws,
- Non-compliance with ratified treaties,
- Repugnant customs.
Hence, intense advocacy, capacity building workshops, lobbying amongst others, shall be FIDA’s course of action for these three years. This inaugural event was attended by various stakeholders – the Sub-Divisional Delegate of Women Empowerment and Family, Lawyers, Policy Makers, Religious and Traditional Authorities, – who all pledged their full support in this fight.
Media houses covered the event. find the links below:
- Follow the link for Hi TV report: https://youtu.be/-dkkxdsQYxg
- Follow the link for CAM 1 Tv report: https://youtu.be/2kGEm2xqjZs
- Follow the link for the Radio Bonakanda report: https://soundcloud.com/fabrice-nganda/radio-bonakanda
- Follow the link for the report from Eternity Radio: https://soundcloud.com/fabrice-nganda/fida-cameroon-project-launch-journal-eternity-radio