Established in Cameroon on the 21st April 1993 under registration number: 1173/G.37/D14/Vol.10/580/ZAP, FIDA Cameroon is a not for profit organisation that seeks to promote human rights of women and young girls in particular and enlightening the general public on Human Rights particularly those of women and girls by:
- Cultivating a learning culture on Human Rights particularly that of women and girls through training & sensitization programmes, education and publications.
- Advocacy and lobbying for change in legislation to eradicate discriminatory laws.
- Running Legal Aid Clinics and paralegal Aid posts where counseling services are offered
- Court representation for the indigent woman.
- Run a shelter for short – term stay for the battered woman.
To realise these objectives, FIDA:
- Furthers the dissemination of knowledge on the laws of the country.
- Advances the opportunities for women in the political, civil and educational fields as well as in the industry, business and professions particularly in the legal professions.
- Seeks the passage of legislation for the advancement of women and the protection of women and children.
- Works for equal rights of women under the law.
- Provides an open forum for the discussion of all matters affecting women and children.
To assist the woman and the girl child develop themselves and assert their rights through training, advocacy, education, counseling and conflict resolution.